“Your teenage children know far more than you think. And if you think parenting is still the same as what our parents did, You will fail.” Here is what to know about their new slangs, the meaning and what to do
With the incessant cases of crimes by minors and parenting failures rocking the society, Platforms Africa, in continuation of its solution journalism, decoded some slangs that children with internet enabled-phones use to communicate with one-another keeping their parents in the dark.
To all the Parents, since the children chat on phones with their mates, let’s take note of the following slangs:
The list will redefine how you monitor your teen’s conversations with his/her peers.
1) IWSN- I want sex now.
2) GNOC- Get naked on camera.
3) NIFOC- Naked in front of computer.
4) PIR- Parent in room.
5) CU46 – See you for sex.
6) 53X- Sex.
7) 9- Parent watching.
8) 99 -Parent gone.
9) 1174′- Party meeting place.
10) THOT- That hoe over there.
11) CID- Acid (the drug).
12) Broken- Hungover from alcohol.
13) 420- Marijuana.
14) POS- Parent over shoulder.
15) SUGARPIC- Suggestive or erotic photo.
16) KOTL- Kiss on the lips.
17) LsMIRL- Let’s meet in real life.
18) PRON- Porn.
19) TDTM- Talk dirty to me.
20) 8 -Oral sex.
21) CD9 -Parents around/Code 9.
22) IPN- I’m posting naked.
23) LH6- Let’s have sex.
24) WTTP- Want to trade pictures?
25) DOC- Drug of choice.
26) TWD- Texting while driving.
27) GYPO- Get your pants off.
28) KPC- Keeping parents clueless.
If you think parenting is still the same as what our parents did, You will fail…
Take to Learning.
Please share to other parents.. And as parent we must ensure our children phones are not passworded
(2) Dear Parents
If you must get your children Android Portable Devices, you need to follow the below steps to be safe:
1. Register a gmail account for them with the correct age and with your email as the parent.
2. Install Google Family Link on your own phone.
3. Add their registered e-mail to your Google Family Link.
4. Factory Reset their android device if they already have one then login the device with their own gmail account that is linked to your Google Family Link.
5. If it is new device, make sure it is their gmail you use to activate the device.
6. Immediately you carry out step 4 & 5 above, your phone will get a notification to allow them activate the device, this is the beginning of you taking control from anywhere.
7. All adult content of any form will never load in their phone.
8. They cannot install anything without your approval remotely from the Family Link.
9. You can lock their device from anywhere.
10. You can set a start and stop time for their device usage, the phone will lock when it gets to that time even if you forget.
11. YouTube will not allow them see adult content too.
12. There is also YKids, which is YouTube for Kids, I recommend you remove the normal YouTube and give them YKids.
13. From your Google Family Link, you can see how long they stayed on each app or page to warn them where necessary.
14. You will see as much as major details of the app.
Dear Parents, let’s protect the morality of our Children.