Lagos Blames Eko DisCo Power Surge As Fire Guts Storey Building

The Lagos State government has blamed the power surge for the fire outbreak at 118 Broad Street, CMS area of the state.

Speaking through the Parmanent Secretary, Lagos State Emergency Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Damilola Oke-Osanyintolu, the government said that a warehouse in the building was gutted by the fire “ignited as a result of power surge when electricity was restored.”

Platforms Africa reports that the facility is being supplied by the Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC).

In a statement made available to Platforms Africa, Oke-Osanyintolu added that Fortunately there was no casualty in the incident.


DisCos’ Remittances to GenCos Crash by N35bn In One Month

Resume Free Meter Distribution, NERC Orders DisCos

DisCos Fret As Banks Perfect Assets’ Takeover Over N860bn Debt

Why, How Test Did Not Discover Off-Spec Petrol At Nigerian Depots – NNPC

Here is the statement;

Fire Outbreak at 118 Broad Street, CMS

The agency responded to the above incident which was relayed to LASEMA through the Toll Free 112 Emergency Number this morning.

On arrival at the above scene of the incident, it was discovered that a room in a warehouse where shoes are stored was gutted by fire.

The fire ignited as a result of power surge when electricity was restored.

Fortunately there was no casualty in the incident. The Agency’s response team alongside LRU fire, Lagos State fire service and Federal fire service are responders at the scene of the incident working together to put out the fire. Operation ongoing.

Updates to follow.

Dr Olufemi Damilola Oke-Osanyintolu
28th June, 2022

Related posts

Leave a Comment