“112 bandits will be travelling in two each on motorcycles while their arms and ammunitions will be conveyed by a truck loaded with food items in disguise,” says DIG, Force Intelligence Bureau + full statement on police Intelligence report
Deadly bandits are moving rnmass to Oyo, Kwara and othe states, Police Intelligence report has revealed.
Platforms Africa reports that the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB), Abuja, who said this in a memo to the Commissioner of Police, Dept. of Finance and Admin, State Headquarters,Ilorin, maintained that 112 bandits will be travelling in two each on motorcycles while their arms and ammunitions will be conveyed by a truck loaded with food items in disguise.
Here, below, is the full memo;
The Deputy Inspector General of Police,
The Nigeria Police,
Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB),
Area 10, Garki,
The Commissioner of Police,
Dept. of Finance and Admin.,
The Nigeria Police,
INTELLIGENCE REPORT ON THE MOVEMENT OF BANDITS
The Bureau is in receipt of information on the movement of some Bandits/Kidnappers numbering about 112 who will be travelling in two each on motorcycles while their arms and ammunitions will be conveyed by a truck loaded with food items in disguise.
Source further reveals that, the route they will ply include but not limited to Kebbi State via Kanba, Malavi to Benin republic. The movement is scheduled to commence on 1st and 2nd of August, 2022 at about 2300hrs.
It is pertinent to note that, they already have a Base in Kainji Lake National Park which shares boundary with about four States i.e. Kebbi State, Niger State, Kwara State and Oyo State respectively.
They have concluded plans to use Kwara State National Park Forest Reserve as their major Base and part of Kisi and Igbeti in Oyo State as they already have some underground hideouts in Naanu by Rafin Kunama reserve area, Kwara State.
2. In another development, a reliable source sighted two suspected bandits on a motorcycle carrying RPG machine guns with round chains in Kagondabi village via Moro L.G.A Kwara State. Kagondabi village is the last locality under Ejidongari Ward, and it can be accessed through Gaa-Dasu via Sabongada in Bode-Saadu, Moro L.G.A. Kwara State.
3. Intel also has it that, Yikpata NYSC Camp located in Edu L.G.A Kwara is very porous and prone to attack anytime from now as Bandits are said to be hibernating in the forest surrounding the camp.
4. PROJECTION: From the foregoing, it’s obvious that Kwara is very vulnerable at the moment and may be contending with bandits’ attacks anytime soon.
5. SUGGESTION: Against this backdrop, there is need for the command to as a matter of urgency liaise with the State Government and activate proactive measures to neutralize this threat.
ii. Acpols, Dpos and Hods in the state be abreast of this development and be directed to fortify their respective AOR to avert any unforeseen circumstances.
6. Meanwhile, the Bureau will sustain monitoring and render prompt reports.
Above for your necessary action, please.
CSP YUSUF ABDULRAHEEM,
OFFICER IN-CHARGE, SIB,
KWARA STATE COMMAND,