How fire gutted Aso Rock, Nigeria’s Presidential seat of Power – Presidency


The fire that gutted a part of Aso Rock, Nigeria’s seat of power, was caused by an electric spark.

Providing details of the incident which occured at a store at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, described the incident as minor.

Shehu attributed the fire incident to an electrical spark.

The incident, Shehu said, was recorded Thursday afternoon at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa.

He said: “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.

“Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded,” the presidential spokesman added.

Related posts

Leave a Comment